domingo, 3 de junio de 2007

Hot water, please...but hold the electrocution

Central hot water heaters are few and far between in much of Latin America. The alternative is to attach a localized electric heater to the shower head. The safety of some is…um…more reassuring than of others. :)




















In other news, field work is going well. People in Arenal have been more than gracious with their time. I'll be here for another two weeks, then will head back to San Jose for the remainder of the summer. Hope you are all well!

2 comentarios:

Forrest Stevens dijo...

Oh, nothing wrong with a little shock therapy in the morning to wake you up and start the day off right. It's probably gentler on the brain cells than putting a plugged in power supply cord in your mouth (we won't name names). ;)

Samuel T L dijo...

haha. HEY GABY!! Forrest better give you that chocolate.. :) it will melt anyways.. I'm on my way to Hong Kong, and what a way its beeen.. this is the 3rd continent I'm stopping over now and the fourth one I've flown over.. currently I'm in Doha, Qatar.. its 38 degrees C at midnight.. how crazy is that? Paris was a freezin 13 C durign the entire day (I had to wait around with my luggage for 7 hours before beign able to check in.. well they just called my flight.. and battery power is a rare commodity in these foreign lands! But Please know that I tried to have as much fun as psosible with forrest while you were gone.. but now he's all yours.. i'm out;.. well back in august, but then out.. utnil you decide to study my livelihood in a newark ghetto..
Miss you and keep blogging.. love the picture!!
I saw a Airbus A380 today, guarded by 20 frenchmen.. but they took your camera if you took pictures.. looked like a boeing that's pregnant.. :)
Dork out!