sábado, 26 de mayo de 2007

In lieu of recent photos...

In my packing frenzy, eight short hours before my departure for the airport, I managed to remember a few critical pieces of field equipment (two bikinis and a shower poof = CRITICAL!) but I also forgot a few things, one of them being the digital camera connector/download cable thingy (apologies to the supernerds out there…my technical vocabulary is, well, nonexistent). BUT! I know that pictures are the most interesting part of any travel log, so here are a few from last year to tide you over until I get back to the big city in mid-June.

A view down one of the main streets of Nuevo Arenal

















One of the houses constructed for resettlers in the late 1970s.

















I'm a sucker for a cute dog outside the local disco...looks like it's been a long night.









1 comentario:

Samuel T L dijo...

heyhey gabyyy! So, I guess since you show me this really cute dog, I'll have to respond.. about AMERICANO IDOLE! (sounded spanish to me when I typed it a second ago).. didn't watch the finale.. i boycotted it.. forrest might have saved it on the tv set, but I really just rather watched a baseball game.. did you get to watch it? hmm.. very sad.. can't wait to read your blog now.. how funny!! and be warned, I actually love comments, cause not a single person has ever commented on anything I've written on my homepage.. :) not that you write something, cause it is a lot more boring.. anyways.. hope all is well.. forrest and I btw entered into the sewer again and found Baldour's Gate.. will keep you posted on that.. ;)
Hugs
S